Cancer Transitions is a six session workshop designed by CSC and Livestrong to help cancer survivors make the transition from active treatment to post-treatment care. Working in partnership with Body Fit Solutions and other expert panelists the program will explore exercise that is tailored to each participant's abilities, managing the stress, eating well, and more. Cancer Transitions will answer many of the questions that come up after treatment ends.
Cancer Transitions: Moving Beyond Treatment
Participants eligible for the Cancer Transitions: Moving Beyond Treatment program:
- Adult survivors, 18 years of age and older, of any cancer diagnosis
- Completed active anti-cancer treatment within the past 0-24 months- if program has space available within the limits of class size, participants may be 24 months or more post-treatment
- May be receiving hormonal or other similar agents (e.g., tamoxifen)
- A recurrence during the six-week program is not a reason for exclusion; however, the participant (perhaps in consultation with his or her doctor), and the program facilitator should determine whether continuing is appropriate
- Must have a signed release or similar approval from their physician to participate in exercise program
Now Registering participants for our next session - Mondays, June 30 to Aug. 4 - 9 to 11:30 am. Contact Kirsten for more information at kirsten@gildasclubmadison or 608-828-8873.