Our Program Update in Response to COVID-19
Gilda’s Club Madison support groups, short term individual counseling, healthy living activities, educational workshops, and more are being provided for FREE via Zoom, a HIPAA-compliant web/teleconferencing program accessible from any smartphone, tablet or computer with internet access! Options to join via telephone are also available.
There will be no in-person groups or gatherings at our clubhouse or off-site Gilda’s on the Go locations until further notice.
Our goal is to re-establish in-person programming when it’s deemed safe to do so. We will continue to keep you updated as this situation evolves via email, our facebook page and our website. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to keep our community safe and healthy.
Gilda’s Club Madison staff
Our Virtual Programs
Click the button below to learn more about our “virtual” program offerings:
COVID-19 General Resources
- Wisconsin Department of Health Service COVID-19 Wisconsin Summary Data
- Public Health Madison & Dane County page about Coronavirus
- CDC Information and World Health Organization Information
- Coronavirus: What People with Cancer Should Know (The National Cancer Institute)
- “What Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers Need to Know about the Coronavirus” from Cancer Support Community: The centralized page has up to date information and blog posts that include tips for coping with isolation, anxiety, and uncertainty.
COVID-19 Related Financial Assistance
- Healthwell Foundation COVID-19 Ancillary Costs Fund: $250 apply by phone 800-675-8416 for people with COVID19 or those patients or family members with compromised immune systems (includes cancer), exposure (or potential exposure) to COVID19. Must be within income range $63,800 individual//$86,200 family of 2, $131,000 family of four. Can use funds for food delivery, medication, COVID19 testing, telehealth costs, transportation costs. Click here for details.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Urgent Need Program-19 Patient Financial Aid Program: Provides eligible patients with assistance for non-medical expenses including rent, mortgage, lodging, utilities, childcare, elder care, food, transportation, car repair, car insurance, phone service, and acute dental work related to treatment. Eligible patients will receive a grant of $500, once within a 12 month period. At the end of the 12 month period, patients can reapply. Click here for more information on eligibility criteria and application.
- Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) Patient Support: Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) BMS has offered an Expanded Patent Support phone number: 1.800.721.8908. This program is designed to offer free products to patients with a current prescription for a BMS medicine who have lost their job and health insurance due to COVID-19 pandemic, or are non-US residents unable to travel to their home country due to COVID-19 pandemic. See www.BMS.com for more info and this PDF for a full list of covered meds.
- Additional financial assistance resources: Visit NeedyMed’s comprehensive national listing (note that many funds for COVID19 financial assistance have closed).