Our Program Update in Response to COVID-19
With the increasing concern regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), and now the Wisconsin #SaferAtHome order, we want to assure you that we prioritize the health and well-being of our participants, volunteers, supporters, and staff above all else.
Gilda’s Club Madison support groups, short term individual counseling, healthy lifestyle activities, and educational workshops will be provided for FREE via Zoom, a HIPAA-compliant web/teleconferencing program accessible from any smartphone, tablet or computer with internet access! Options to join via telephone are also available.
There will be no in-person groups or gatherings at our clubhouse or off-site Gilda’s on the Go locations until further notice.
Our goal is to re-establish in-person programming when it’s deemed safe to do so. We will continue to keep you updated as this situation evolves via email, our facebook page and our website at www.gildasclubmadison.org. In the meantime, we are ensuring that our clubhouse is deep-cleaned and sanitized. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to keep our community safe and healthy.
Gilda’s Club Madison staff
Our Virtual Programs
Click the button below to learn more about our “virtual” program offerings:
COVID-19 General Resources
- Wisconsin Department of Health Service about Coronavirus
- Public Health Madison & Dane County page about Coronavirus
- CDC Information
- World Health Organization
- “What Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers Need to Know about the Coronavirus” from Cancer Support Community: The centralized page will be updated daily with the latest federal guidance, as well as blog posts that include tips for coping with isolation, anxiety, and uncertainty.
COVID-19 Related Financial Assistance
- Cancer Support Community’s Cancer Emergency Fund: This grant will provide assistance in the form of a $250 credit card for qualified people with cancer who are in active treatment. This assistance is for non-medical expenses during the coronavirus pandemic. Please be aware that funds are limited, and they are working to assist as many patients as possible. The financial assistance will be provided as a limited credit card to be used for food, transportation, housing, utilities, childcare or other non-medical expenses. For an application, please contact the CSC Coronavirus Emergency Relief Fund 888-409-4166. Learn more here.
- Healthwell Foundation COVID-19 Ancillary Costs Fund: $250 apply by phone 800-675-8416 for people with COVID19 or those patients or family members with compromised immune systems (includes cancer), exposure (or potential exposure) to COVID19. Must be within income range $63,800 individual//$86,200 family of 2, $131,000 family of four. Can use funds for food delivery, medication, COVID19 testing, telehealth costs, transportation costs. Click here for details.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society COVID-19 Patient Financial Aid Program: $250 to eligible blood cancer patients experiencing financial hardship due to COVID19 pandemic. Apply by phone 877-557-2672 or online https://unpportal.lls.org. Eligibility – US citizen or permanent address, reside in US, blood cancer diagnosis, actively being treated or in follow up care, no COVID19 diagnosis necessary. Use funds for non-medical expenses like rent, mortgage, utilities, food. Click here for details.
- Cancer Care Financial Assistance for COVID-19: (Program Status: Currently Closed – check website for updates) Financial assistance to help with expenses for cancer. Apply by phone 800-813-4673. Eligibility -All cancer patients in active treatment. Can use funds for Food, medications, general household expenses, transportation, homecare and childcare. Click here for details.
- Lungevity Breathe Easier Fund: $500 for patients in active treatment or actively pursuing treatment for lung cancer. Apply by phone 843-360-5864 Must be US residents receiving care for lung cancer in the US. Income eligibility-household income limit of 300% of the federal poverty limit ($38,280/individual; $51,720/family of 2; $78,600/family of four. Can use funds for Food, transportation, and other general household bills. Click here for details.
- PAN COVID-19 Treatment and Prevention Fund: (Program Status: Currently Closed – check website for updates) Direct assistance of $300 on a pre-paid debit card for individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or directed to self-quarantine due to COVID-19. Eligible patients can use the financial support for treatment expenses for COVID-19, over-the-counter and prescription medications, medical equipment and supplies, and groceries and meals, including delivery services. Click here for details.
- Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) Patient Support: Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) BMS has offered an Expanded Patent Support phone number: 1.800.721.8908. This program is designed to offer free products to patients with a current prescription for a BMS medicine who have lost their job and health insurance due to COVID-19 pandemic, or are non-US residents unable to travel to their home country due to COVID-19 pandemic. See www.BMS.com for more info and a full list of covered meds.
- Additional financial assistance resources: Visit NeedyMed’s comprehensive national listing.