Healthy living workshops offered at Gilda’s Club Madison include hands-on, self-care activities offered to teach members new skills, such as Relaxation & Guided Imagery, or keep minds busy and creative, such as arts & crafts, or to practice mind-body skills, such as yoga. Workshops are offered throughout the month, some on a regular basis, and some just once. Keep an eye on the online Calendar for workshops that interest or challenge you.
Gilda’s Club Community Art Show
Showcasing the creative artwork of those impacted by cancer who are involved in Gilda’s Club Madison’s cancer support programs, as well as entries from the statewide teen CUREative Art & Writing Contest. Art will be on display from Monday, April 19 until Monday, April 26 in windows along a sidewalk at the Goodman Community Center on the east side of Madison. A digital exhibit is available as well!
Upcoming Cooking Classes
- Thursday, October 21st @ 6pm – Beef Barley Soup for your Multi-Cooker or Stovetop
- Friday, October 29th @ 11am – Green Chili
- Tuesday, November 2nd at 6pm CDT- Meal Prep & Shopping Like a Wisconsinite
- Wednesday, November 24th @ 6pm CST- Holiday Sides (Jalapeño cornbread stuffing, berbere roasted cauliflower, sweet potatoes 2 ways)
- Friday, December 3rd @ 11am CST- Desserts from the East – Thai Mango Sticky Rice and Gajar Ha Halwa (a carrot-based sweet dessert pudding)
- Tuesday, December 21st @ 6pm CST- Beef Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup)
- Friday, January 7th @ 11am CST – Chicken noodle soup
- Weds, January 19th @6pm CST – Smoked Salmon Salad with Green Apple, Fennel and Cherries
- Friday, January 28th @ 6pm CST- Breakfast Favorites (french toast with berry compote, buckwheat pancakes)
Share Your Skills
Do you have special skills you would like to share with us as a volunteer? Every month Gilda’s Club Madison hosts workshops and lectures on a variety of topics, including: mindfulness, meditation, nutrition, healthy cooking, yoga, tai chi, zumba, and a variety of art activities. If you have skills or expertise you would like to share with our members, please call or email Kirsten Norslien, Program Director, at 608-828-8880 or email@example.com.